St. John’s Presbyterian Church (PCUSA) exists to celebrate God’s love in community: nurturing faith through our commitment; serving others with compassion; sharing and listening with humble hearts.
- Technically proficient as an organist
- Competent and experienced with a broad range of musical genres and traditons
- Advanced musical degree preferred
St. John’s Presbyterian Church has a tremendous Johnson organ (installed 1870), rebuilt and recently upgraded with a MOOG synthesizer by Schoenstein, a carillon, a Steinway “D” concert grand piano, an acoustically superior concert space, a committed trained choir.
- Sensitive to the needs of the congregation, both those new to this faith community and long time worshippers.
- Able to contribute to worship through excellence in music.
- Professional and approachable; punctual and organized.
The organist will
- Report to the Director of Music
- Assist the Director of Music to prepare the musical agenda for Sunday worship
- Perform (and occasionally lead) music for worship services
- As available, perform for occasional events such as weddings
- Coordinate maintenance of the historic Johnson pipe organ and the carillon
Salary is negotiable
St. John’s Presbyterian Church does not discriminate with regard to gender, sexual orientation, or ethnic background.
Resumes with statement of interest may be sent either in hard copy or by email:
St. John’s Presbyterian Church
attn: Organist Search Team
25 Lake St.
San Francisco, CA 94118
Review of applicants will begin October 15, 2013 and the position is open until filled.