We invite you to come and worship with us. Worship is at 10 am every Sunday. Our worship service is a mixture of traditional and homespun.
New to St. John’s
Whether checking things out or exploring what faith means, you’re welcome here. We’re from different experiences; faith backgrounds or none, hurt by the church or reacquainted with faith. We’re progressive or traditional, young families, aging adults, play-filled kids, local & around the bay, radically inclusive, vulnerable, discovering & open.
- Worship in a beautiful sanctuary filled with stained glass windows while sipping freshly brewed coffee.
- Experience music through traditional hymns as well as contemporary songs.
- Feel welcomed into God’s presence through the sounds of children, interactive prayer and rituals, and moments of quiet and stillness.
- Children are welcomed to participate in Sunday lessons or hang out in the sanctuary.
Our Language Defines Us
- We use words & images in worship that welcome all, without barrier or pain.
- We use the range of scriptural & traditional language, reflecting God’s diversity as feminine, masculine, powerful & vulnerable.
- We honor the integrity of the cultural language of oppressed people groups, though we may find it unsettling.
- We read in scripture of ancient Israel, & not today’s Jewish state.
- We seek to imitate Christ’s language of peace & equality, amidst oppressive, patriarchal culture reflected in the Bible.
- We speak of inclusion, deliverance & justice for all persons.
Every first Sunday of the month, we serve communion.
On special Sundays, we offer an opportunity to engage in worship through interactive prayer stations. You can check out our past Interactive Sundays under the category “interactive.”